Old 20-06-2009, 03:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lawn Guy Lawn Guy is offline

Default Any way to deal with a salted yard?

John Corliss wrote:

Neighbor were a group of college kids who partied until five A.M.
three nights out of the week. I pleaded wit them to stop keeping
me awake, but they didn't listen. Finally, in desperation I informed
the police about what was going on. The partying stopped, but my
lawn got salted

Can you explain why college kids would want to **** you off by messing
up your lawn and shrubery? Instead of, say, scratching your car or
slashing your tires?

Is your landscaping so immaculate and significant that it was an obvious
choice for them to vandalize? Did you in any way make references to
your lawn or property during your confrontation with them? Were they
****ing on your lawn and you told them to stop - and that's how they
got the idea to vandalize it later?

And why salt? That sounds like a crazy idea unless there happened to be
handy supply of salt nearby.

It would have been more plausible and effective for them to go and buy a
hose-end sprayer of Killex and go nuts on your landscaping instead of
using salt.

I would give odds that the average college fool would have no idea that
salt could be used to kill turf and other vegitation. Is this an
agricultural college by chance?

How do you know it was salt? Did you find any granules in the grass?
Did you hear it first or second hand?