Old 20-06-2009, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Paper pot maker

wafflycat wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in message

Do they stay together for a couple of waterings? I'm thinking the
toilet roll tubes might be better. We're going to keep a bin bag
full of these in the loft ready for next spring.

Steve

They stay together a lot longer than a couple of waterings. They stay
together long enough to see the seed germinate and the seedling
develop until it's ready to go out to its final planting site. I also
used some loo rolls but found they were more prone to develop various
fungi. Didn't seem to harm the plants though.

Likewise, and tubes tend to start to unravel. Also, how many people use that
many loo rolls for a seasons planting?
--
Pete C
London UK