Old 20-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Freedom_Spark Freedom_Spark is offline
Registered User

Quote:

Does no harm to pin them down right away.
No - the roots will come out of the _bottom_ of the little sections
where the leaves are.....

...and you jusy have to wait until the roots are properly established and
the plantlets are self-sufficient before you cut them off from the parent.

You can get several little plants off each long shoot, if you wish..

If you have the plants in the ground then the runners will do this all
for themselves - which is a good thing or a bad thing - depending on how
many extra plants you wanted ! g

Have fun !
Adrian

No. It roots underneath the runner where the leaf joins it The bottom
runner is at the stage where it needs to be pinned down now. The upper
one can also be pinned down, but cut of the extension beyond the
little "bract", or you will end up with a second maiden on the same
runner, which you should not allow.
I think I've got it now! I'll pin them down as soon as possible so the roots can begin to establish. Thanks again for the informative replies. Much appreciated.

Sarah