Old 15-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Rosa Rosam

Default Favourite Rose Books?

Hi Radika,
If you are interested in the Gallicas you should become a member of the
"Rosa Gallicas" society. They are in France but have a VERY interesting
bulletin which, I think, is now translated in english. They are shipping
overseas. and it's 25 euros for 2003.
Their website (in french) is here : http://rosagallica.free.fr/

For the book, well I don't know, but if you are asking to Rosa Gallica,
they'll tell you :

Jocelen
www.rosarosam.com

"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message
Rosa Rosam wrote:
if you are lucky enough to read some french :
- "La rose de France" by Francois Joyaux.
It's all about Gallicas. Very interesting text, beautifull pics. An

attempt
to have all the known (and unknown) gallicas.
Much better than S. Verrier's book.

Jocelen,

Has that book been translated or likely to be translated in to English?
I love Gallicas and am intrigued by your saying that this is much better
than Verrier's book. I would love to read it, and my French reading
skills were only good enough to translate technical papers in chemistry
(just so I can fulfill foreign language requirements for graduation),
but were never good enough to appreciate the beauty of the prose. Now,
after several years of very occasional use, they are rustier than ever.
Alas, the loss is mine.

- "La Rose, une passion francaise" by Francois Joyaux. History of the

rose
in France, without being one-eyed and self centered on France. Must have

if
you are passionated by OGR. I think that book will be translated in

english
soon.

Glad to hear that.

--