Old 20-06-2009, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
EXT EXT is offline

Default Transporting Plants for 10 hours in enclosed box ?

James wrote:
In a few weeks , I will be traveling from Fla to NC, a 9 hour trip.
I pull a trailer, and pack many things in large, enclosed plastic
bins.

I want to carry several small Azalea plants in 3 gal containers, as
well as several small rose bushes. Because I travel at 70 mph for 9
hours, the wind would destroy these plants before I got there.

Will these plants survive 9 hours in a completely enclosed container
? I would water them well before leaving, and take them out as soon
as I got there.

Comments Please ??

Thank you very much.

James

Nursery plants are shipped across North America for days like that and
survive so they can be sold.