Old 20-06-2009, 07:57 PM posted to aus.gardens
len len is offline

Default mosquito breeding control

john said.
"That's a thought, but oil that is never going to evaporate may
cause problems when it comes to tiling, etc"

that's a point john, cuts the options down as kero would also leave
some inbedded residue in the unsealed cement.

i did think of pumping but imagined that would already be being done.

not sure how cheap we can keep this but the ponding in the yard get
some cheap as sand or whatever and fill all of them in.

you can buy the bti online what i saw it wasn't cheap, there again as
it is coming from overseas talk to customs first if that is the way
that is decided.

how about once it is pumped as much as can be (and we are coming into
our dry period now for the east coast, if news paper or cotton rags
wher sued to soak up the remainder of the water? they could be left in
the pool and then pump when excess water appears.

have they talked to the local council yet? try to do it in a way where
they may not need to identify who has the problem or where, they may
point you at a local product? did they check produce agencies they may
ahve product.

also hope they triumph and get the pool finished.

a thought that just crossed me, we have a salchlor pool, how come
mossies don't breed in a finished pool? is it because of the salt
and/or chlorine??

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 06:34:04 +0000 (UTC), John Savage
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev