Old 20-06-2009, 05:41 PM posted to free.uk.trade.furniture,uk.rec.gardening,alt.business.import-export.raw-material,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.gardening
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Wessex Teak - Am I mad to buy from them? (Planning to buy largeteak garden table...)

ship wrote:
Hi

I am thinking of buying some teak furniture

snip

I hope you'll check where the teak comes from (FSC logo is a good enough
recommendation).

They don't seem to mention it, which might mean that their teak is
obtained by clear-felling rain forests. In the process most of the
wildlife is destroyed, the unusable small branches burned (adding to
global warming) and the earth left in a state where it produces a few
good crops - then washes out to sea,leaving a wet desert useless for
anything, neither the environment nor the local residents.

Andy