Old 20-06-2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ted Shoemaker Ted Shoemaker is offline

Default seeking resources to learn about organic gardening

Hello,

A lot of the stuff I've found on organic gardening can be fit into one
of a few varieties:
- Why all gardening/farming should be organic: "grow healthier food"
- Why all gardening/farming should be organic: "save the planet"
- How to do organic gardening: "use bugs not pesticides; fresh manure
not fertilizer"
- and a very few more

Can someone direct me to a source that will talk more about the
science than I've found?

For example:
Does it hurt the microinvertebrates in the soil if I add fertilizer?
How?
If my soil needs some micronutrient (magnesium as one example picked
randomly), how can I add it organically?
etc.

Thank you!

Ted Shoemaker