Old 21-06-2009, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Garden Terror!

On Jun 21, 10:54*pm, "Angela" wrote:

We have protected *slow worms here and my cat is constantly bringing them
home, so I often find them in the lounge or kitchen. *The longest was 14
inches. *Fortunatly as they don't move quickly they are not much fun to play
with so he doesn't harm them, fortunately as they are pretty rare! *Gave a
fright first time I saw one, they do look just like a snake.

One of my cats is very friendly and wants to play with any creature
that comes into the garden. He is not a hunter and ignores birds
pecking away on the grass only a few feet away from him. But we do
occasionaly get grass snakes in the garden. He will sit and watch them
and then try to pat them with his paw - immediately the snake will
rear up to strike and Ziggy will then kill them in a flash. He does it
so quickly that it is hard to see how he does it but it is by biting
just below the head.