Old 22-06-2009, 12:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default My Pond in a pot

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:24:00 EDT, "JDS" wrote:

Cool. For me I just have a thing about cables/hoses/wires.

Look ma, no hands.... ah... cables/hoses/wires. And you wouldn't have to
have that fountain head.
http://www.pond-o-mania.com/index.as...D&ProdID=35242
Same, different head, better price:
http://www.siliconsolar.com/solar-li...ain-p-142.html
Cheaper, different:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MS8SFO

Read reviews, pros & cons.

I had one with a large solar panel years ago. Direct sunlight was a must. I
liked having water movement though... and at that time the lily pond was
just for frogs to breed, and a few goldfish in summer. The next year I ran
an extension cord ugly... The year after, for mother's day, DS & DH, gave
me underground wiring. Thus... it was time to install the BIG filter
outside the pond and none too soon, since my neighbors complained about the
frog's nightly music. Frogs have since been relocated to other side of
house and smaller digs, wakins and fantails stay in the pond year 'round.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us