Old 22-06-2009, 08:06 PM posted to aus.gardens
len len is offline

Default mustard will kill nematodes

g'day john,

yes ahve heard about mustard it is one of our overall garden companion
plants that pops up as a vo;unteer, we have not had nematodes here in
the 3 years we have been here can't say as it is the mustards fault
but hey chuckle.

the sugar or better still molasses is a base organic growers method up
this way least wise, also growing those french marigolds not sure of
their name(starts with a 't' i think), but they also grow up a heap of
them and harvest and shred them and bury them in a shallow trench down
the middle of the garden beds. we used to grow them around the edges
and again never any nematodes. any marigold type would do the stinking
roger i reckon would be the better as it is the stronger in aroma and
oil, but not many want to grow it.

we don't do rotational growing not enough room but we continually feed
our beds with decomposing hay mulches and kitchen scraps as well as
the spent vege' plants, this has worked well for us also. we think
that continual rejuvenation of the medium also works against the
nematodes.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:27:43 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev