Old 23-06-2009, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Volunteer Flower I.D.

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

My really super duper favourites of the old fashioned plants though would
have to be Lily of the Valley, Lavendar Shower and Fairy Fishing Rod. I
can't grow Lavender Shower here but

I've been think about the Lily of the Valley because of all our tree
cover. I think I would have trouble with the Fairy Fishing Rod because
it requires full Sun. These are my kind of flowers in that they are low
maintenance. Is there another name for Lavender Shower? Google keeps
giving me bath gels :Ob

I was trying to remeber its botanical name when I posted but couldn't at the
time. It's Thalictrum.

And another old fashioned favourite of mine is Soloman's Seal - Polygonatum
multiflorum ( at least I think that's its Bot. name).