Old 23-06-2009, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Runner Beans Unwinding

June Hughes wrote:
In message , Gordon H
writes
In message , Judith M
Smith writes

This last week most of my beans (red rum and also French climbing
beans) have unwound themselves.

I can only feel very slight sympathy, the slugs or snails killed all
mine.
;-)

They started on mine but I managed to rescue most of them. However,
as a result, they have become rather slow in shooting along the
sticks. Can't have everything. I read somewhere that you should put
nasturtiums amongst them as slugs prefer them to most other plants
but as I like to grow nasturtiums too, I can't see the point of that.

They love Marigolds!
--
Pete C
London UK