Old 23-06-2009, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Any Walnutters out there?

On Jun 23, 11:30*am, Martin wrote:
We keep our geraniums in the house during the winter, now that I don't have an
over heated office for them. The geranium that we have had for about a decade
has just started to produce flower buds. The smaller ones have been in flower
for some weeks.

We have a shallow, south facing bed against the house that has had
geraniums in it for the past five years. Because it is sheltered and
heated from the house the geraniums there survive the winter and, in
fact, have at least some flowers on all through the year. They start
sprouting new growth and new flowers in April. This year I decided
they were getting too woody and cleared them all out. Wrong!