Old 23-06-2009, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default delivery by garden centre

A bit of good news. I have no relationship at all with my garden centre
except as a customer. This lunchtime, I went to the Sunshine Garden
Centre in Bounds Green, North London to buy what is hopefully the last 6
bags of compost I need this season, together with four huge plantpots,
which hold approximately a bag and a half of John Innes compost each. As
it is Tuesday and I am of a certain age, I get 10% discount and can buy
stuff on any day of the week for free delivery.

I asked the girl on the desk to deliver the compost and pots and took
three plants and some bits and pieces with me. I then said, would it be
possible to deliver tomorrow and she replied 'What's your postcode? - we
may just be able to do it today.' She then phoned the delivery man, who
said 'go for it', so they arrived here just after I arrived home. That
is indeed great service and I am delighted. If anyone lives in my area,
I would highly recommend the Sunshine Garden Centre, as well as saying
their displays (even at Christmas) are second to none. (Although I'll
bet Sacha's Ray's displays are equally as brilliant).
--
June Hughes