Old 23-06-2009, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

Default Keeping a 3' by 3' square of grass turf alive

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:05:55 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Jun 23, 1:00*pm, Bob wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:11:45 -0700, Billy
wrote:

--SNIP-- of the idiot Billy conjecturing and posturing, followed by
a well-reasoned retort by someone who actually does and knows, as
opposed to the jerk with a keyboard who doesn't do and doesn't know.

Bob,

You have run into a couple of the resident loons, who are perfectly
willing to talk out of their a$$ about something they know absolutely
nothing about.

Here's where I fault you, though. ;-) You spotted them for what
they were, and yet wasted a few minutes of your life responding!
That was a waste of time, oxygen, and electrons.

Yeah, that kinda took me by surprise. I didn't expect quite that
reaction from a gardening group, and especially in regard to trying to
do some small amount of good in the world.

Anyway, I've sometimes encountered people who sound goofy but
eventually end up trying to help, so I try to be cautious. Apparently
that's not going to happen here. The guy who got uptight about the
Hoho's was pretty funny though. g That was excellent.

A man much wiser than the Billdoes once said: "Never argue with
idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with
experience." Words to live by!

Of course, you stayed on the high road and soundly beat 'em both,
but still... ;-)

Mc

Thanks for your kind reply, Mc. It does make a difference to hear
from the other side, just to know you're out there. There have been a
few other good posts in the thread, so there are some new things to .
pursue.