Old 23-06-2009, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Kelly Greene Kelly Greene is offline

Default hot and shady summer replacement vegetable

"Thos" wrote in message
m...
Maybe okra? One or two plants will give you all you want. I love little
pickled okra, but sometimes I just eat them straight off the plant. When
they are little they are crunchy and great. I have some seed that I
harvested from previous plantings and would be more than happy to send you
a few so you wouldn't be our any cash.

The OP's post isn't appearing on my NR so I'll answer here and hope they see
it. I found that greens do pretty well in a partly shady garden spot. No
other veggies seems to do well with only a few hours of sun. Full shade is
totally unsuitable.

--
If you're a past or present resident of