Old 23-06-2009, 06:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Peter Pan[_5_] Peter Pan[_5_] is offline

Default Blue Heron update

My pond water was not as clean as it should be, The filter I have is
for 2100 gal pond and I need one for closer to 3200 + gallons So on
Father's day I decided before I put more fish in, I would drain the
pond and clean the goop that has settled on the bottom and start all
over.

I began to drain the pond and as the water level got to around 6" I
spotted on of my Koi. I quickly filled a tub with water from the pond
and placed him in there. Then I found another, then another and yet
another.. I recovered a total of 7 fish out of 9 (Man was i
HAPPY!!!!!) Apparently the Heron scared the Ba'Jesus out of the fish,
so they went and hid at the bottom.

Now Im doing a mad dash run to clean the linner and get the pond
filled with water, allowing enough time for the chlorine to evaporate
and re-introducing the fish back to the pond

Incase anyone is wondering:
YES the pond liner when wet is slippery.. I nearly fell and broke my
&^%##@..
I took an extention ladder and placed it across the feild stone from
one side of the pond to the next, to act as a make shift scaffling.
"Necessity is the mother of invintion"

I'm hoping in the next day or so to have the fish back in thier home