Old 23-06-2009, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default composting question

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:28:59 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just cleared my pond of scum or algae
over growth. I raked it up and got quite a good sized pile. The question I
have is would this stuff be good to put in my compost bin?
Thanks for your opinions.

Algae is a plant. Nearly all plants can be added to the compost. I
add about 2 cubic yards of elodea from my pond to a composting bin
every month. The algae in my pond gets eaten by tadpoles and
goldfish.