Old 24-06-2009, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Keeping a 3' by 3' square of grass turf alive

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:47:03 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never met a Wild Life Rescue that was a "me" before. If Fish and
Game are cool with you, so am I, otherwise the above applies.

really? most of the ones i know of out here are individuals, with
the exception of the song bird rescue in ME, & even they farm out the
birds to volunteers.
most rescues have limited space here *because* they are private
individuals, & most specialize (like the bat rehabber in the next
town. only bat rehab in 3 states around).
lee

Volunteers, yes. But Dr. Bob didn't give the feeling of being a
competent saw-bones. Our bird rescue is a group affair (a friend worked
there), with it's own site. Animal rescue, sets bones, and treats burns
before releasing animals to volunteers. We only have one bat lady. Saw
her give a presentation once. Wildlife rescue is not my strongest
subject.

Clearly.

I tie my dogs in the truck to a central point on a rope that goes from
side to side of my truck. The snap that is connected to both their
tethers rotates so that the dogs don't get wrapped around each other.
Five years ago, or so, a lady stopped me in the parking lot of a grocery
store, and told me that the set up was dangerous for the dogs. I tried
to re-assure her that it was fine, but she kept insisting it was
dangerous. She wasn't trying to give me a bad time. She was concerned
for my dogs welfare. I thanked her for her concern, and wished her a
Merry Christmas (it was late Dec.). When she started in again, I just
thanked her again for her concern, and again wished her a Merry
Christmas. After a couple of more times, she gave up and walked away.

How antiquated - having your dogs tied up in the back of your truck.
I guess if you get in an accident, their necks will just break as
opposed to being thrown from the bed.

If Dr. Bob was for real, he would contact the zoology dept. at a
college, a biologist at a local high school, or alt.med.veterinary for
his information. He wouldn't be asking gardeners with no expertise in
animal rehabilitation, which he apparently doesn't have either.

Been to alt.vet.med recently? Dead newsgroup. And why would he ask a
question about growing grass there?

I apologize for responding in the manner you often do, but why assume
the worst from everyone you don't know who posts here?

Usenet used to be a place where if you were sitting at your computer
and had a question you could find a group that could offer you ideas.
If it's your intent to wreck rec.gardens, congrats - you'e doing a
bang up job.

I think I used up my two cents;o)

Yes, lovely attack as usual.

Kate - apologies to the group. Long day.