Old 24-06-2009, 04:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Can you identify the shrub?

On 6/23/2009 8:25 AM, enigma wrote:
mdex wrote in news:mdex.4b690a7
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

Afternoon,

My first post here.

I'm looking to move house but have this shrub at the bottom of my
garden that I really like.

Could anyone let me know whats its called?

mock orange.
it's one of my favorites too.
lee

It's not the mock orange that I'm used to -- Pittosporum tobira.
However, there are other, unrelated plants also called mock orange. One
group is the various species of Philadelphus, which I've never seen
other than in pictures.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean