Old 24-06-2009, 02:29 PM
jk451 jk451 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Ross View Post
On 6/23/2009 11:27 AM, jk451 wrote:

Plant #1 is some kind of palm. Plant #2 is either a Dracaena or a
Cordyline (more likely the latter). I have a much smaller palm and a
much smaller Cordyline. I have a large Dracaena and two smaller ones.

The small plants all get the exact same care. I water them once each
week. I give each a little water to moisten the soil surface and let it
soak in. Then I give each more water until there is a little in the
saucer underneath. I don't let the saucer fill to the top.

The large Dracaena gets watered at the same time as the smaller plants
BUT ONLY IF THE SOIL SURFACE IS QUITE DRY. Its pot is about twice the
size of the pot for your #2. My pot is set inside a slightly larger
jardinière; I can't see how much water has drained out of the pot and
into the larger container. If I do water it, I give it about a quart or
two. But first, I test the surface with my finger to see if it's damp;
if it is indeed damp, I wait another week.
Thank you very much. Searching for the images, I think that #2 is a Cordyline.

From your description it seems that neither will completely die if they don't get watered for a week, which is a rather nice tolerance to forgetfulness.