Old 24-06-2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Question on moving bamboo plant

In article ,
geronimo wrote:

I have a bamboo plant that is pretty big now, about 8 ft. tall. I am
moving soon, would like to move it to new location. If I cut it down
to a couple of ft. tall and dig it up, put in a big pot (letting it
re-establish itself in it) for the move, will it survive? Or should I
leave it uncut, wrap the root ball in something for the move?

I cut them down to about 3 feet and move right away to new home. This
with black bamboo. Keep wet. Placing in a pot is new to me so no
comment.

Bill whose Bamboo is about 50 foot longish 15 foot widish. All one
plant I guess you know.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives