Old 24-06-2009, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Climbing mouse or rat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

It is not true that it's against the law to let vermin loose after being
live-trapped. That only applies to non-native species like grey
squirrels.
I had great success in catching mice in the house with a catch-alive trap
which was mainly made out of perforated zinc. I put plenty of food in it
and the mice were always alive in the morning. The one time I used a
plastic one like a tube with a snap shut door the mouse was dead in the
morning and was wet (lack of ventilation?)
I now have a cat so haven't needed a trap for some time. Mind you, I
would not attempt to trap a mouse that was outside - it doesn't seem fair
as it's their own habitat after all.

I have found the electronic (six in one) pest repellents very effective in
my greenhouse.

http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescription...ype=Categories

(Ch 23)
They were about £20 Incl Post for two and the mice population has melted
away since I installed them this year.
Last year I tried the poison method which was messy and not very successful.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com