Old 24-06-2009, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

Default Keeping a 3' by 3' square of grass turf alive

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:28:43 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

Never met a Wild Life Rescue that was a "me" before. If Fish and
Game are cool with you, so am I, otherwise the above applies.

really? most of the ones i know of out here are individuals, with
the exception of the song bird rescue in ME, & even they farm out the
birds to volunteers.
most rescues have limited space here *because* they are private
individuals,

That would be correct. There are only about 4 or 5 of us (in a large
city), and no funded organizations that deal with wildlife. That is,
aside from housing them overnight and usually euthanizing them within
a day or two.

The 'Billy's of the world should try volunteering their time rather
than telling everyone else how it should be done. That would lend
some perspective in a hurry.

& most specialize (like the bat rehabber in the next
town. only bat rehab in 3 states around).
lee

BTW, my father (out of state) works with bats. Amazing creatures.