Old 24-06-2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Kaffir Lime Bush help

In article ,
Slugs&snails wrote:

Hi

Could anyone give me some advice please - my lime bush (which was on my
window sill but i've moved it outside and is still in its pot) has lost
a lot of leaves, there are little bumps now all up the stem which i'm
guessing is some kind of infestation?. Since i moved it outside it has
starting growing leaves but they are reddy/brown - does this mean it
has a deficiency?

any thoughts?

Those little bumps that don't move much are Scale. Some folks Touch
with isopropyl alcohol. I just place them out on my porch where ants
seem to protect them. But come fall they are clean and ready to be
eaten by larger vermin.

Bill perhaps new potting medium as mine are green all year but sad
come late spring so out to nature they go.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives