Old 24-06-2009, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default heat

"Mike Derby" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote:
Good grief.. the amount of watering I'm having to do to the tomato plants
in the greenhouse is astounding. They are taking up litre after litre
after litre of watering... Even after a morning, mid-morning and
lunchtime
watering, I've noticed a couple of the plants wilting in the heat and the
compost drying rapidly. And this is with doors open wide with a cooling
through breeze.

---
Touché! I have been advised not to give my tomato plants, which are potted
up outdoors, too much water, for fear of eventual fruit split.
What does the team think?

MD

If the plant is wilting then it NEEDS water or it will quickly die.