Old 24-06-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Unidentified tree

"Alan Johnson" wrote in message
Hi all,

another ignoramus question: can anybody identify this tree for me:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_johnson/3637382133/

is a general view and:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_johnson/3638196360/

shows some detail of foliage. I suspect it'll be something quite simple.

OK, I now have a definite ID from my German friend. I e-mailed her last
night to ask if she knew what Sal-Weide was. Of course she does, it is
salix caprea, goat willow.

I love "can you ID this?" questions. I'm not usually very good at them
though, but I am very confident with this one now ;-)

Tina