Old 15-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Norma Briggs

Default snails

so sorry bout the possum...lol...that has happened to me also. Darn thing
started running round the living room trying to get away from the dog...OMG
what a mess!

By the time it was over I had gone for the shovel-careful to leave the door
open-scooped up and threw the possum threw it in one swift motion...the dog
was not happy with me...oh well

"Pam" wrote in message
In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 15 Apr 2003 03:25:58 GMT,
mike proclaimed:

Hand picking at night is very effective, but it has to be done regularly
for a time and then you can slack off.

If you're not into those nocturnal excursions, put a board in
your flower bed. Slugs will crawl under it after they've finished
feeding, and you can move it and kill 'em then. I take the
board and any slugs that h\are clinging to it and place it
slug-side-up in the middle of the driveway for a birdie
smorgasbord.

Or you can put a box turtle in your garden. Just be ready to
share a few tomatoes with him and know where he is before
you mow. sigh My old Australian Shepherd knew how to
"find the turtle" without hurting him. I'm afraid my beloved
Thunderpuppies would think a turtle was a toy to be fetched
and played with, so no turtles for me right now.

True story, my Aussie/lab mix, Matilda fetched me a possum
one night. She was *so* proud when she dropped that hissing,
****ed-off possum at my feet. Up until that time, one of the Joys
of Matilda had been the establishment of a possum-free zone
around the house. We had to have a looong talk, Matilda and I.

Pam

---