Old 24-06-2009, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Pesticide foodstuff database

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Ames

http://potency.berkeley.edu/MOE.html

Bruce is going on 81 and has done good work. That said science has a
difficult time adding up total exposure and the possible impact. I'd
hazard a guess that our immune systems are strengthened and weakened by
impact of all our sensual imputes.

Best practice is to try to do well be well with what we think we know.

Gardening and invoking mother nature I believe is a good thing. Belief
system raises it complexities. Love and gratefulness for sustenance
primary sometimes expressed as saying grace in one way or another.

Looking at the fancy Ames graph I noticed no mention of Alpha or Beta
Naphthalene which caused a hot spot for bladder cancer in Pennsville
NJ. Rural area with A Dupont Plant providing employment not far from
here it smelled like death and it was the most frequent sample turned
over to the next shift. .

Exposure to harmful or helpful mediums seem to be secretive. Vit D,
Vit K and Resveratrol along with family interaction seems good.
Allopathy good for burns and accidents only. Yea thatıs me. YMMV. Fresh
home nibbling has to be superior but I may be wrong. Energy more
direct in a way from the earth and sun.

Bill whose sister is a MD and Husband a Virologist.

Small birds happy singing or protecting.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives