Old 25-06-2009, 12:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tums fo calcium

"Phisherman" wrote
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

I have Tums and I understand my peppers love calcium Tums are mostly
calcium. I've heard you can grind up the Tums and mix it with water for
the
peppers. Sounds reason able. Anyone do this? How about other calcium
tablets?

A little crushed up drywall or plaster of Paris works too. Or, put an
eggshell or piece of sidewalk chalk in a blender with a cup of water.
For magnesium,

He's looking for calcium, not magnesium. I think it's very silly to be
messing up a blender or wasting time and energy not to mention wasting
building products when any gardening department sells huge bags of granular
lime for real cheap.... granular is so much neater and is time release.

I use epsom salts (1 T per 2 gallon water) on my pepper plants.

Why... do your peppers have hemorrhiods?