Old 25-06-2009, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default heat

On 25 June, 11:58, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 03:32:04 -0700 (PDT), moghouse
wrote:

On Jun 25, 9:34*am, "wafflycat"
wrote:

Suggest you try more shading.

Shading not possible as what is my greenhouse is effectively part of the
house and I'm not going to be whitewashing windows. I'm just making sure
that the plants are checked regularly and the compost not allowed to dry
out.

I used to work in a large art studio with one wall almost entirely
glass.If left alone the heat and brightness was intolerable in the
summer so we used to stick large sheets of thin white paper over the
windows and that did the trick.

Wasn't it a bit chilly posing nude?
--

Martin

I was taught that a 6ft tomato plant in a well ventilated glasshouse
on a sunny day required at least 8 pints of water a day.
David Hill