Old 25-06-2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default A hard time with moss & rocks

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Terry Coker wrote in
:

Hi all, while most people are trying to keep moss out of there
garden, I'm trying to encourage it. I am haveing difficulty with
getting moss to grow specifically on rocks. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to get moss growing on rocks successfully.

have you tried blending the moss with buttermilk or yogurt &
painting the mixture onto the rocks?
are the rocks moist & shaded? smooth or rough?
lee

We used dried powder milk. Very Acid.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria

http://www.youtube.com/usnationalarchives