Old 25-06-2009, 07:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Keeping a 3' by 3' square of grass turf alive

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

t.au:

You weren't worried about Raccoon Roundworm (Baylisascaris)?

no. i have a vet that used to be a zoo vet. she's quite up on care &
treatment of "exotics" (which is any non-domestic animal, although
she specializes in reptiles & birds). raccoons can be given
anthelmintics with no problem. besides, internal parasites like
roundworms aren't passed prenatally. these guys were less than 24
hours old when i got them from a guy who shot the mother, and was too
much a wuss to deal with the babies.
i had permission from Fish & Game to keep them, on the condition
they not be caged.
lee

Apparently, they can come from contact with environment contaminated by
the adults, firewood for example, and possibly nests. All's well, what
ends well. We had a young squirrel for a couple of months. Tried to
leave it in an apple tree but it started screaming when we left it.
We ran a curtain rod from our bedroom out to a tree, and the squirrel
came and went as it pleased until mating season. We went to the local
vet to get it a rabies shot.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://green-house.tv/video/the-spring-garden-tour
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn