Old 25-06-2009, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default heat

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:30:02 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:25:18 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

I'm a relative amateur at tomato growing, but I understood that uneven
watering was the cause of bottom end blight, or splitting.

That is - if you alternately starve them and then drown them, they will
split. BICBW.

The Dutch green houses are all white washed at this time of year.

I'm not going to white wash my back bedroom window!

In that case you need curtains

I have curtains, and net curtains, but I know what you mean.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply