Old 25-06-2009, 11:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Harvertsing Basil

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
My basil is growing like wildfre. Easy question, do you harvest just the
leaves or do you ct the stems?

A lot happens in a day. Today I discover many little white glowers all over
the tops of the stalks. Mom says to shave the plants down to 1/2 the
height. So it looks like pesto tonight - with flowers. This should be
interesting.

So I guess just hacking the tops off makes them grow bushier? It's really
amazing the schools of thought I am finding on this. Some people for
example say you only take the leaves and others just say whack away at them
they only grow more.

Gardening is such an inexact science it seems.

Paul