Old 26-06-2009, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Brambles and nettles.

Sleepalot wrote:

Our ancestors used to hunt mammoth with little more than
pointed sticks!

Mammoth were easy. Have you ever seen cave paintings with the cavemen
carrying sacks of blackberries to make wine? Never happened, far too
hard for them, all those stinging nettles. ;-)

To the OP, I think any weedkiller strong enough to kill off the nettles
would be a possible health hazard to anyone eating (drinking) the
blackberries. You could always use glyphosate one year, that would kill
off the nettles but only make the blackberries miserable, then the
following year there should only be the recovered blackberry bushes with
no nettles. Blackberry bushes are not killed with a single treatment of
glyphosate.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.