Old 26-06-2009, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Volunteer Flower I.D.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:24:57 -0400, phorbin
wrote:

In article , Charlie says...

Ah yes, I use valerian nearly daily.

-officinalis- so as not to confooz the casual peroozer of the thread.

What for?

Eau de DirtySocks! ;-)

Aint that the truth.

Essence de pile of a year's worth of dirty socks while drying.

My wife, who'd never experienced the charm of valerian's earthy
fragrance, was a study in revulsion...

Marvelous herb. Valerian...strong!!

I agree though our cat does not.

She thinks ditchwater is more interesting.

Interesting. Many cats enjoy as much as catnip, with similar effects.
I've known such cats and am now careful with my valerian.

Kate