Old 27-06-2009, 01:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
jules jules is offline

Default Orange tree leaf fall

sounds like what happened to my mandarin - didn't figure it out and
couldn't save the tree. Good luck

jules

Dan wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Dan wrote:
Hi all,
My Washington Navel Orange tree has started shedding its leaves.
Leaves have turned yellowish and are carpeting the ground under the
tree. I have five other citrus trees including another orange and
they seem to be unaffected. I live on the Atherton Tablelands in a
subtropical climate. Though the area sometimes gets frost I am too
high on the side of a hill to get frost except in extreme conditions,
and there has been no frosts this season so far. Does anyone have any
idea what may be the cause and, if so, what I can do about it.
Thanks,
Dan

Did you just fertilise the tree? Has it been very wet lately?

David

Hi David,
No to both. I generally fertilize when crop is finished - around September.
We had a fairly wet summer, but have had dry weather for some weeks. Another
citrus is almost touching this one and it is unaffected. A bit of a puzzler.
Cheers,
Dan