Old 27-06-2009, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Brambles and nettles.

McKevvy writes
Don't make me sound like a vandal. Your extreme reply is full of
political correctness and empty of reality. The ground in question is a
piece of natural ground which has a plentiful supply of brambles - and
unfortunately nettles too. As far as I know, stinging nettles aren't on
the endangered list

No they're not - they're one of the species which is increasing as a
result of rising nutrient levels. But without hand weeding, any
weedkiller you use is going to take out anything else there may be in
there besides the nettles and brambles.

and are far from it as I can testify from the condition of my hands
last year when I picked the brambles in the same spot. If you want to
get up on your politically correect horse then fine - but don't use
words like "trashing" when referring to my proposed actions. Im weeding
the nettles out of the area to gain access to brambles - nothing more.
Don't you weed the nettles out of your garden?

But you are talking about 'natural ground' rather than a garden, are you
not?

--
Kay