Old 27-06-2009, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Tomato feed

"dina" wrote in message

Hi,
I bought organic one (Fito- for fruit and vgetables)but I wonder if
this one is good. When should I feed my tomatoes ( they are not
flowering yet?!) They are leggy and short but still alive and doing
better since Ive moved them on a sunnier place. Is it too late for them
to produce anything this year?
Thanks.

My tomato food instructions say to start as soon as the trusses have pea
sized tomatoes.

I think if you feed them too early the first truss will be at ceiling
height!

mark