Old 27-06-2009, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Pigeon Deterrent

In message , mark
wrote
They seem to like broccoli! Mine at least.

I was wondering if I made a thin ply silhouette of a hawk and dangled it
over the veg. area would it do any good.

At my (inland) place of work there was a problem with a colony of
seagulls that was getting bigger by the day. The amount of guano on the
parked cars at the end of a working day was extensive.

The solution was to fly a bird of prey. I believe the contract is for
flying the bird every day for two weeks followed by twice a week for the
next six months.

I guess that the silhouette may work for a short time but only after
the birds have been frightened off on a regular basis by the real thing
--
Alan