Old 27-06-2009, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How much fertilizer to ue

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:34:21 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

Got me a tub of 5-5-5 pure organic fertilizer. Bone meal, blood meal,
gypsum, potash, cottonseed meal and grape pomace. For my plants by height
it says to use 1/4 cup per foot. Seems like a lot but it is pure organic.
So I just work a 1/4 cup measure into the soil in each pot? How often do I
do this?

The product is Nurseryman's Bumper Crop Booster. It was recommended by a
little old Japanese guy so I figure it has to be right.

Paul

Just because it is "organic" does not mean it can not burn. Follow
manufacturer's directions carefully, especially for potted plants.
Never used grape pomance, so I need to read up on it. In general I
fertilize monthly, alternating between organic and inorganic
fertilizers. Also, look at the overall health of the plant--if
distressed hold back on fertilizers until you know the cause.