Old 27-06-2009, 08:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default killing clover in grass

On Jun 27, 8:14*am, chriz1 wrote:
'Red[_2_ Wrote:

;853310']On Jun 26, 3:27*pm, chriz1
wrote:-
'Steve[_23_ Wrote:

-
;853229']chriz1 wrote:--
its just spoiling the look of the lawn is there any ingridient i
should-
look for on the bottle?
-
Yes! 245-t ester of silvex.. err that was banned via agent orange.-
-
Clover
has a wax on its foliage and so most of the control product runs off
on
application. You need a sticker additive that makes the spray cling
such as
a spreader sticker product, or some say a small amount of dish
detergent
helps with that.-
-
Weed -b- gone concentrate kicks common clovers ass! 1.5 ounces per
gallon
of water IIRC.-

couldnt find that stuff anywhere,so bought some Verdon extra that was
in BQ,see how it goes.how much detergant do you think i need?
-
not much - about 6ml per liter *(1oz/gal)

Red

clothes powder ok?

I never tried it but I would think not. Liquid dish soap is the most
commonly used product.

Red