Old 27-06-2009, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Pigeon Deterrent

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"mark" wrote in message
o.uk...
They seem to like broccoli! Mine at least.

I was wondering if I made a thin ply silhouette of a hawk and dangled it
over the veg. area would it do any good.

As for suggestions involving shotguns etc., not helpful, not original.

Thanks

mark

I discovered that blackbirds are eating my strawberries. Until I
discovered this I was thinking I was crap at growing strawberries. Now I
know I'm not. It's just that the blackbirds get to them first. I developed
a fleeting desire for an AK47 ;-)

If you rig up some netting over the plants, the blackbirds will only get the
ones at the edges of the netting. The mice get the rest ...