Old 28-06-2009, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens,balt.general,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural
Jack[_21_] Jack[_21_] is offline

Default Gotta Start Killing Squirrels -- Hate To Do It

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:22:14 -0500, AL wrote:

Jack wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message

"brooklyn1" wrote:

It's very silly counting on wood mulch to fill those rotting stump holes
unless you don't mind the process taking as many years as it did to grow
those trees. You're making your own misery... get some soil hauled in...
has nothing to do with squirrels, you old scapegoat. LOL

Quite a bit of that wood mulch has rotted down to soil. 50% or so,
I'd guess.

More like less than .0000001% of vegetable matter becomes soil.

Well, if you don't wanna call it soil, that's OK.
Half of it since 2005 looks like soil and grass sprouts in many of the
stump sites where it was deposited like it's a loam soil ....
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

[...]

Well, if mulch doesn't become soil, I'd like to know where all that
mulch went that I've laid down in my landscaping every year over the
past 20 years...

Amen.