Old 27-06-2009, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] vulch@vulch.org is offline

Default Could you please help identify this vine?

Ronny writes:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:55:27 +0100, K wrote:

Ronny writes
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:28:10 +0100, K wrote:

White bryony. Wait till you see the berries before you make your
decision

Tha's the one thanks guys

Is it ok to keep it without it being too invasive, and is it any good
to wildlife?

I don't think it's particularly invasive, and it's a UK native. If it
were me, I'd keep it, and only get rid of it if it were being a
nuisance.

You'll only get berries if you have both a male and a female plant

I see it dies off each year as well so maybe I'll see how it goes this
year.

If the berries do set you'll be pulling up seedlings all over, and
also note it's moderately poisonous.

Anthony