Old 28-06-2009, 02:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default levelling - dig down or add up?

"mphowells" wrote in message

Hi I live on a slope and after my two patio slab depth patio area my
garden slopes down from the right to the left quite considerably. It
means there is not much garden for the children to play in.

I therefore want to level it out. Question is, do I:

1 - build up the left to bring the whole garden level and turn my 6ft
fence in to a 3 ft fence as a result.

2 - dig down the right to level it with the left and create a step down
from the patio to the garden. This keeps the 6ft fence and therefore the
privicy.

Not sure if it matters but eventually I'll be making the patio much
bigger.

Thanks

--
mphowells

If I understand you correctly, you have at least one patio slab immediately
adjacent to a "garden". Digging out this area immediately adjacent to the
patio slab may undermine that slab.
--
Dave