Old 28-06-2009, 02:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default mosquito breeding control

I asked:
Anyone know of an Australian source for the bacteria (BTI) or the
hormone control for mosquito wriggles? I searched online but can't
find any local web suppliers, i.e., in Aust, yet there are plenty of
outlets in the US.

A pool company has left a friend with a half-finished pool, and the
pool and the cratered yard are breeding plenty of mozzies

Painstaking searching :-) has unearthed the following information:

Methoprene is marketed as Altosid, Pre-strike, and (in pellet form)
as Nomoz, the latter being available in ~ $15 quantities from a
couple of .au websites.

Bti products are marketed under: Vectobac, Cybate, Gnatrol, Bactimos,
and Teknar, and at least some of these are available locally but in
bulk quantities (~$300). The Organic Product search link at
http://www.australianorganic.com.au indicates the manufacturer of
Vectobac is Valent Biosciences and it lists a Chatswood (Sydney)
distributor.