Old 28-06-2009, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John T[_2_] John T[_2_] is offline

Default size/number of new potatoes

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:32:34 +0100, Paul Luton wrote:

We have just finished our first early potatoes, (Rocket). There were not
very many per plant but very large - up to 1 lb each. Is this a
characteristic of the variety or something about my cultivation ?

Had some of our Rockets tonight. Very pleased with them. But yours were 1
lb each ? That's massive. Ours are around 4/5 ounces each and 7/8 per
plant.

Also growing Charlotte - very nice.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

Our Rocket, grown in buckets as the first first early, arae about 3 - 4
ounces and ten per plant.

We also have Swift in buckets and the rest in the ground.

If you want an early potato with some flavour, try Sharpes Express.

John
(North end of the Wirral)